When & Where:
Saturday, March 23rd, 2013
M Street Beach at the BCYF Curley Community Center in South Boston
11:00 am: Check-in and registration opens
11:45 am: Welcoming remarks
11:50 am: Costume contest and awards ceremony
12:00 noon: Group pictures
12:05 pm: Everyone SPLASHES in the water and the beach party begins
1:45 pm: Last call
2:00 pm: Warm-up party at L Street Tavern
Anyone can participate - and we hope you will
At 12 noon, "cupids" will dash and splash in the water to demonstrate their commitment to a clean Boston Harbor and to support their beach. Immediately following the splash, participants and their fans and friends will adjourn on the beach- to warm up and relax with a Harpoon beer.
Participants will raise funds to support Save the Harbor/Save the Bay and its Better Beaches program. Participants are encouraged to sport their finest “cupid” attire!
To register to participate, click the "register" button above. Each participant is asked to raise at least $25 with a goal of $100. To pledge a participant, click on the "donate" button. Funds raised will support free events and programs on our region’s public beaches. This site has tools that make it easy for participants to donate themselves, and to contact their friends to encourage them to give, and track pledges.
- ALL participants who raise $100 will be entered for a chance to win a roundtrip JetBlue Airways ticket. To sweeten the deal, you will be entered again for every additional $100 raised.
- ANY contributor who supports Cupid Splash, by participating or pledging, is entered into a raffle for a roundtrip JetBlue Airways ticket.
- Highest Overall Fundraiser wins a roundtrip JetBlue Airways ticket.
- Best Costume wins a roundtrip JetBlue Airways ticket.
- Top 10 overall fundraisers win an awesome Harpoon gift pack.
To qualify for prizes, each participant has to register, sign a release, fulfill their pledge and go into the water up to their knees, though we hope that everyone will actually take a quick dip in the cool, clean waters of Boston Harbor and Massachusetts Bay. You must also be in the group photograph, or in a photograph of yourself at the event. Please email your best photographs to firstname.lastname@example.org that weekend and/or post it to Save the Harbor's facebook page at:
These rules are subject to change without notice.
For information on volunteering or getting involved, please contact Megan Rawson at email@example.com or (617) 451-2860 x1001.